Welcome! I'm Julie, your hostess and primary instructor. Some classes have started up live, but I am continuing with virtual dance classes as well. A bunch of changes are happening, so do scroll through to see if there is somewhere you want to dance with me.
PARKING LOT DANCES
Our next parking lot dance is Saturday, September 18 in the parking lot across from 100 Winthrop Street in Medford. Where is this lot, you ask? It belongs to the Wesley United Methodist Church 보스톤감리교회, 100 Winthrop Street, Medford. The parking lot entrance is on Chester Street, and you can park on Chester and adjacent streets (not in the lot!).
We’ll be dancing from 4-6 pm.
Suggested donation is $10, but sliding scale ($0-$20); cash, check, & credit cards accepted. Also, feel free to bring some non-perishable food for the micro-pantry on site, or take some food if you need it.
Here are the “rules” & suggestions for the outdoor dance:
- Social distancing will apply; masks are only required if you are not fully vaccinated
- Bring your own water
- Wear sneakers/thick-soled shoes for dancing on pavement
- Don't forget to put on sunscreen
LIVE CLASSES ARE BACK!
Mondays at Everett Senior Center, Connolly Center, Chelesea Street, Everett
- 10-11 am: Healthy-Steps therapeutic movement
- 11 am-noon: Beginner country line dancing
- You must be 60+ to take classes at the senior center
- no cost
Wednesday class through Arlington Community Ed, at The Gibbs School
- 11-week classes
- Starting September 22
- 6-7:15 Beginner, 7:30-8:45 Improver
- Class will be hybrid (both live and on Zoom, for those who cannot attend live)
- Masks will be required
- Sign up www.arlingtoncommunityed.org
Please do not come if you have a cough or fever; you can still attend on Zoom
ZOOM LINE DANCE LESSONS AND DANCING
So push back the couch, roll back the rug, move the kitchen table, and get ready to dance! In an effort to keep us sane, get us moving again, and entertain while we practice “social gathering at a distance,” I'll be teaching and reviewing some new dances, along with some oldies but goodies.
If you join via the app, it saves the Meeting ID, which is 447 950 9948. Click Join, then it asks for the meeting ID. If you click on the little down arrow, it will show up as Julie Kaufmann's personal meeting. It will then ask for the password, which is purple.
So, until we can meet in person, please join me on line.
Sunday Drop-In 6:30-8:30 pm
- 6:30-7:30 pm Beginner hour
- 7:30-8:30 pm Improver+ hour
Price? Sliding scale donations are gratefully accepted. If you are income-impacted in any way, please enjoy the dancing free-of-charge and without guilt.
- If you can donate, there are three options:
- $5 (all I can afford)
- $10 (regular price)
- $20 (a little extra)
Looking forward to seeing you on the screen!
SMOKIE'S DANCES ARE ALSO HAPPENING
- Next Smokie's dance is October 30
- Halloween dance, costumes encourage
- Theme is "Down at the Honky Tonk"
- no lessons
- dancing 7-11 pm
- North Reading Moose Hall on North Street, North Reading
About Julie Kaufmann Dancin'
From the crowds at First Night Boston to an intimate country wedding, in nightclubs and offices, at Boston black tie fund raisers and outdoor picnics, on college campuses and Alzheimers residences, people all around Boston have been enjoying my lessons.
Even better, they have been getting up and dancing!
Dancing knows no barriers: young and old, men and women, athletes and couch potatoes, singles and couples, all can participate.You can do it in heels or wingtips, runners or boots; you can wear pants or a dress, suits or sweats. Dancing is easy, and everyone can enjoy it. Everyone--even the watchers--will leave with a smile.