Welcome! I'm Julie, your hostess and primary instructor. Some classes have started up live, but I am continuing with virtual dance classes as well. A bunch of changes are happening, so do scroll through to see if there is somewhere you want to dance with me.
PARKING LOT DANCES
Our outdoor dances are starting up again (weather permitting). the first two are scheduled for June 18 and July 16, 5-7 pm. Dances are held in the parking lot across from 100 Winthrop Street, on the corner of Chester St,. Medford. We do mostly easy line dances, with quick walk-throughs. NEW this year: We will have a space designated for partner dancing (West Coast & East Coast swing, cha cha, Nightclub two step).
Suggested donation is $10, but sliding scale ($0-20).
LIVE CLASSES ARE BACK!
Mondays at Everett Senior Center, Connolly Center, Chelsea Street, Everett
- 10-11 am: Healthy-Steps therapeutic movement
- 11 am-noon: Beginner country line dancing
- You must be 60+ to take classes at the senior center
- no cost
Mondays at Somerville Council on Aging, 167 Holland Street, Somerville
- Absolute Beginner line dance class--if you have never danced before, or need lots of time to learn, this is the perfect class for you.
- May 2-June 13, September 12-October 24, November 7-Dcember 12, 2022
- no cost
Wednesday class through Arlington Community Ed
- 6-week Summer classes--no drop-ins
- July 6-August 10.
- Beginner line dance 6-7:15 pm; Improver line dance 7:30-8:45 pm
- Line dance classes will be hybrid (both live and on Zoom, for those who cannot attend live)
- Vaccinations are required; masks are optional at this time
- Sign up www.arlingtoncommunityed.org
Please do not come if you have a cough or fever; you can still attend on Zoom
SUNDAY LIVE AND ON ZOOM: line dance and lessons
Starting May 1, we will be going hybrid for the summer! Join me at the Calvary United Methodist Church, 300 Mass. Ave, Arlington for weekly drop-in line dancing, with lessons for both beginners and improvers. Enter on Linwood Street.
If you can't come in person, you can still push back the couch, roll back the rug, move the kitchen table, and join us on Zoom.!
Sunday Drop-In 6:30-8:30 pm
- 6:30-7:30 pm Beginner hour
- 7:30-8:30 pm Improver+ hour
Price? Sliding scale donations are gratefully accepted. If you are income-impacted in any way, please enjoy the dancing free-of-charge and without guilt.
- If you can donate, there are three options:
- $5 (all I can afford)
- $10 (regular price)
- $20 (a little extra)
Looking forward to seeing you live or on the screen!
SMOKIE'S DANCES ARE ALSO HAPPENING
- Next Smokie's dance are July 9 and July 30, 2022
- July dances: lesson 6-7 pm, dancing 7-11 pm
- North Reading Moose Hall, 140 North Street, North Reading
About Julie Kaufmann Dancin'
From the crowds at First Night Boston to an intimate country wedding, in nightclubs and offices, at Boston black tie fund raisers and outdoor picnics, on college campuses and Alzheimers residences, people all around Boston have been enjoying my lessons.
Even better, they have been getting up and dancing!
Dancing knows no barriers: young and old, men and women, athletes and couch potatoes, singles and couples, all can participate.You can do it in heels or wingtips, runners or boots; you can wear pants or a dress, suits or sweats. Dancing is easy, and everyone can enjoy it. Everyone--even the watchers--will leave with a smile.