Welcome! I'm Julie, your hostess and primary instructor. A bunch of changes are happening, so do scroll through to see if there is somewhere you want to dance with me.
PARKING LOT DANCES
Our outdoor dances are starting up again (weather permitting). the next dance is September 17, 4-6 pm. Dances are held in the parking lot across from 100 Winthrop Street, on the corner of Chester St,. Medford. We do mostly easy line dances, with quick walk-throughs. NEW this year: We will have a space designated for partner dancing (West Coast & East Coast swing, cha cha, Nightclub two step).
Suggested donation is $10, but sliding scale ($0-20).
LIVE CLASSES ARE BACK!
Mondays at Everett Senior Center, Connolly Center, Chelsea Street, Everett
- 11 am-noon: Beginner country line dancing
- You must be 60+ to take classes at the senior center
- no cost
Mondays at Somerville Council on Aging, 167 Holland Street, Somerville
- Absolute Beginner line dance class--if you have never danced before, or need lots of time to learn, this is the perfect class for you.
- September 12-October 24, November 7-Dcember 12, 2022
- no cost
Wednesday class through Arlington Community Ed
- 10-week classes--no drop-ins
- September 28-December 14, 2022
- Beginner line dance 6-6:50 pm; two Step 7-7:50 pm; Improver Line Dance 8-8:50 pm
- Vaccinations are required; masks are optional at this time
- Sign up www.arlingtoncommunityed.org
Please do not come if you have a cough or fever
SUNDAY LIVE line dance and lessons
Starting May 1, we will be going hybrid for the summer! Join me at the Calvary United Methodist Church, 300 Mass. Ave, Arlington for weekly drop-in line dancing, with lessons for both beginners and improvers. Enter on Linwood Street.
Sunday Drop-In 6:30-8:30 pm
- 6:30-7:30 pm Beginner hour
- 7:30-8:30 pm Improver+ hour
Price? Sliding scale donations are gratefully accepted. If you are income-impacted in any way, please enjoy the dancing free-of-charge and without guilt.
- If you can donate, there are three options:
- $5 (all I can afford)
- $10 (regular price)
- $20 (a little extra)
Looking forward to seeing you live or on the screen!
SMOKIE'S DANCES ARE ALSO HAPPENING
- Next Smokie's dance are September 24 and October 31 (Halloween party!), 2022
- Lesson 6-7 pm, dancing 7-11 pm
- North Reading Moose Hall, 140 North Street, North Reading
About Julie Kaufmann Dancin'
From the crowds at First Night Boston to an intimate country wedding, in nightclubs and offices, at Boston black tie fund raisers and outdoor picnics, on college campuses and Alzheimers residences, people all around Boston have been enjoying my lessons.
Even better, they have been getting up and dancing!
Dancing knows no barriers: young and old, men and women, athletes and couch potatoes, singles and couples, all can participate.You can do it in heels or wingtips, runners or boots; you can wear pants or a dress, suits or sweats. Dancing is easy, and everyone can enjoy it. Everyone--even the watchers--will leave with a smile.